Sunday, June 29, 2003

The Wanderer Returns

It happened so slowly, the change inside. I did not notice, nor did he confide. I was away for so long, experienced so many worlds. At each new turn I watched them unfurl. Each earth I compared to the last I had seen. I just a traveller, chasing my dreams. Eventually I returned to that familiar door, everything the same, people still fighting their wars. That street I had walked for so many years, now one of thousands. I no longer held my fears. My world had remained, still and unchanged. My mind confused, my heart felt chained. Just yesterday home had been a distant place, now here I was carrying from all those worlds, a trace. I was different, yet everything else the same. He was waiting for me there. I could sense his pain. Who had returned from those different worlds. It was a new person. Can we change our moulds? Yes I had changed, but about this he kept mute. For despite having seen places better and worse, here I was, The Wanderer returned.

No comments: