Friday, August 17, 2007

Sometimes I'm reminded how much more there is to the human brain than what we are consciously aware of. What made think of this specifically was on a (delayed!) train back to Manchester from London. I was reading Foundation and Earth - a great book (and series) and was totally engrossed. Then for no apparent reason I looked up, straight into the eyes of someone that was staring at me through the seats. Even though I hadn't noticed him before, somehow I sensed him watching me. How? I couldn't see, smell or hear him, what made me aware? I find this '6th sense' we all seem to possess fascinating. How does it work 0 phermones??

I suppose its the main reason why I don't rule out the possibility of people being psychic or, more accurately, telepathic. We clearly have the capability to sense another person's presence near to us and to sense being watched. If we can sense that aspects of a person's thoughts, is it so inconceivable that some people may be able to sense more? Some people may have a more developed talent for it (like some people do for languages or art or music or sport).

Obviously I don't have any of the answers, but what I do know is that the human brain is fantastically complex and that maybe - just maybe - it has capabilities beyond that which we are really aware of at the moment.

So many questions, so few answers... :)

No comments: