Thursday, July 21, 2005

howdi all, whoever you may be.

Well now that's out of the was I'll get on with the post. I went down to the south west last week for my cousin's graduation from Exeter. The ceremony was really nice, and the undergrad accommodation we stayed in was hotel-like with amazing views (it is the 2nd highest building in Exeter) The town itself is really nice too. Also had dinner with my brother in Bristol after some shannagins with the hotel and the rooms and things, then spent the next day in Bath, a beautiful city; was good to talk to Rahul for a bit. Also saw Tom in Taunton since it was on my way to Bristol from Exeter...was good to see a uni friend and someone other than my family! (not that I mind seeing my family, just good to see other people!!)
I might have said this before, but the south-west really is beautiful. From what I've seen anyway, Bristol is an interesting and pretty city, Exeter has a certain charm and is similar to Taunton (though a little nicer). The countryside there is also lovely and there's lots of it! I think if I was to settle somewhere other than the north west, the south west might be it; in a village in the countryside or something :)

Speaking of countryside, also saw some of our lovely northern stuff too the other day. Me and my dad drove our family (minus mum) to Chatsworth Hall, a stately home, in Derbyshire...we need 2 cars cos there are 6 of us. It took about an hour and a half, and although I was driving I could see that the views were stunning.

All in all been quite nice :) Ok, gotta go...dog walking time!

No comments: