Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I found my diary from when I was 12yrs old today. I wrote in that diary everyday for over a year, and then on and off for 4 more years after that.
As I was reading through, it struck me just how blunt I was about writing my feelings down. There was no expressing it in a purposely pretty or ugly way...just 'this' happened today and it made me feel like 'x'. Full stop. This person did 'this' and I reacted like 'this'. Full stop.

No explanations, no excuses. I just experienced my emotions and feelings and wrote them down, good or bad.
Why do people stop doing that when they get older? We have to have reasons for everything.
Look at me, I even want a frickin reason for why I started needing reasons for my emotions!

I just want to exsist without being asked to explain why God dammit.

No comments: