Sunday, November 21, 2004

Had to go home again this weekend. It really is like having 2 totally separate lives. My home is so far removed from Cambridge, physically and emotionally. It is nice to get away from the stress here, but its just a different kind of stress at home sometimes, but no where near as intense as here!

On a different subject, the reason for going home was to take my mum on a spa day we had bought for her aages ago. The healthclub was situated half an hour's drive from our house, in the Peak district. The view was just breathtaking. It had snowed that night and it was like driving into Switzerland. All we could see were snowy hills and the healthclub perched on one of the hillsides like a chalet. If you turned around you could see for miles, accross and beyond what I presume was Maccesfield. When we left the club it was dark, and the scene was transformed into an array of twinkling lights spread out beneath us.

Like I said, it was breathtaking. My mum seemed to enjoy herself too, even if I found the rest of the weekend a bit stressful! I think the view made it worth it though. I haven't been to the Peak district for such a long time, I'd forgotten how much I liked it there last time I went :)

No comments: