Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm spinning around...

So, Ally turned 22 the other day, so we all thought we'd go on a lovely day trip to the relatively near Blue Planet Aquarium. All was going well, I'd picked up Ben from his place, Ally and Seth from near town and we were driving towards the airport to get on the M56. There I was, happily driving along...I stopped at the lights to turn right, it turned green and the road was free....I turned right, then Ally and Seth screamed in the back as simeltaneously a guy drives straight into my back left wheel!! Obviously, I brake, but the car is spun round, and we're now facing the wrong way and diagonally accross the road I had just turned into.

As you can imagine, it was pretty scary! Ally and Seth have seatbelt burns - thank god they were wearing them. The other idiot drivers didn't help at all and proceeded to try and drive past me while I was stuck in the middle of the road! After a few minutes of checking everyone was ok and manouvering my way out of the traffic to a safe place at the side of the road, I got out to discover that the back-left wheel was bent of it's axis and there was a massive dent in the car.

Did the done thing of exchanging details with the other driver who was pretty laid back about the whole thing....mainly cos he thought it was my fault! I didn't get into anything with him though because at that point I was still pretty shocked and wasn't 100%, but had a feeling that it probably was his fault. Some IDIOT woman then walks up and says she was behind him and also thinks it was my fault...HE HIT THE BACK WHEEL! I was practically in the road I was turning into! He said his light was on green, but then so was mine and it was clear when I pulled out!

Anyway, it's for the insurers to sort out now. A little shaken and feel so bad for everyone else in the car - I'll be surprised if they ever get in a car with me again! Main thing is that no one was badly hurt...

No comments: