Monday, December 20, 2004

Well, got back from the skiing trip in south France on Saturday after a 16 hour coach journey and Ferry accross the channel. Was loads of fun, even if I was terrified almost to the point of tears on the 1st day (possibly also to do with the incredibly painful boots). After that 1st day though I started to enjoy it a lot more (having changed my boots!). Would have liked to have been better at it, although I did get a spectacular fall into my trip, involving crashing into 3 people (ok, maybe 4, I didn't count). Both my skis, hat, goggles and glove all came off as I fell, luckily I didn't injure anyone else, and I only got a bruise on one arm!
I'd got the hang of it by the end of the week though, although I think I have to come to the conclusion that I'm not a natural skier!

That aside, the views were amazing. Our balcony looked straight out onto one of the mountains. I've never seen scenery like that before. It was stunning when the sun rose above one of the peaks in the morning (yes, I was up that early!).

It didn't snow at all until the thursday night (we left friday night). The snow was so sparkly and powdery though, it looked almost fake when on the ground. It was as if someone had sprinkled glitter all over everything. It was so soft and powdery, we couldn't even make snow balls with it, and if you did manage to compact it, it just disintegrated mid air. We made do with snow angels though :)

It snowed most of Friday too, and was still snowing when we left. So all in all had a fantabulous time, got to use a bit of French, looked sexy in our thermals(!), got a bit drunk, lost my debit card for a day and half, saw some amazing views, made snow angels in the midnight snow, and of course, learned to ski.

:)

No comments: