Friday, October 27, 2006

Just came back from cambridge - was there to research management consultancy stuff and see a few people. Talked to a careers adviser about management consultancy - he said it would be tough for me and wasn't overly supportive at first - understandable considering my cv and the fact that i told him the civil service was actually my first choice! But he was helpful and told me how to optimise my application and the kinds of places I would have more of a chance at. Did make me think a little harder about whether it's the right thing for me to do...but that is why I went down there! Should hopefully be attending a McKinsey workshop next week (in cam...AGAIN!) which should give me a further idea of whether this is the right thing for me to do. In the meantime though...applications applications applications!

I am also about to quit my part-time job at M&S...it's a really nice place to work - the people and the atmosphere are lovely (as is pay day!) but, I AM GOING BRAIN DEAD...and I'm also having to rush applications - it just isn't worth it.

Seeing as I'm about to have significantly less money, I had a closer look at my finances to see how much I am going to have to cut down on my spending! I was momentarily bemused when I saw how far into my overdraft I was, considering I have earned near on £800 and definitely haven't bought that many clothes or train tickets or gone out that much! A few calculations later I realised it's because I am owed £600!!!!! Man, the things I do for my parents. Add some more for the rest of my wages I'll be getting from M&S, and my bank balance should start to look a bit less red in the near future! Thank god for interest free overdrafts eh?

Righty, off to sort my life out, hope I can sort something out for the doggies next week for this McKinsey thing...feel so bad for them, they're getting all confused with people coming and going...but they are getting company, food and being taken out so they're having their basic needs satisfied - hopefully when my parents are back things will settle down again and they won't be confuddled anymore!

Over and out x

No comments: