Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I am not a stressy person at all. I'm usually the one calming other people down, telling them they/we can deal with whatever the problem is. I usually believe it too. If it's a problem I can do something about, then I do that something. If I can't do anything about it then I can prepare myself for the consequences and get on with life. Maybe it's because of the household I grew up in, it doesn't matter.

The point of this post is that while I am mentally able to deal with stress ususally, I know that I do get stressed because my body shows all the signs - late periods, spots, increased difficulty in relaxing. This is normal though - I am ok with all of these things as long as I have the end in sight. One thing that seems to be new though, that is is not physical, but mental - and it's one I don't like.

I like to think of myself as a tactful person usually, able to think of how my words might be perceived by someone. Lately though, especially when writing, I feel like I'm being extremely blunt. Maybe it's because I'm pushed for time, but I don't like giving out the impression that I am rude, especially when I know it's only because of stress. Now I haven't insulted anyone or done anything particularly terrible (that I can think of...) but I suppose it's knowing that I am just communicating on a basic level, not taking into consideration things that I normally would.

Anyway, it's no biggie but just thought I'd get it out!

No comments: