Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm revising for exams next week (eep!) and I came accross this point which in hindsight seems obvious, but I've never really thought about before. I don't have time to go into it right now (I will later), but I wanted to get it on here so I don't forget.

It's basically saying that the things we feel really matter, only matter because we are thinking of them. If we don't think about it, then it doesn't matter.

This is kind of an extension of something called a focising effect, where when we think of something, we are only thinking of that thing -we can't hold all the information that may affect the subject in our heads, all at the same time.

I haven't had time to think through what I want to say yet, but I know I want to say something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Thanks...I think!

Afraid I don't understand it, but what I could get seemed complimentary!!